July flew by & somewhere in there I turned 31. Here is a few of the things that I dug in the month of July.
- #GIRLBOSS- I’m late to this book I know & I didn’t want to buy into the hype BUT this is a damn good book. If you’re trying to carve out your own path in whatever field I think this is a great read. There is a punk rock element to how she presents herself which is what I really related to. She just did her.
- Professor Snape Figure- Fun fact: I love Severus Snape. The obsession is real. My sister got me this vinyl figure for my birthday to only feed my inner nerd.
- Kate Spade Notebook- I hate carrying around a bunch of crap & a big ass notebook is no exception. Which is one of the reasons why I love this itsy-bitsy alternative. The rose gold finish and “The Devils in the Details” logo don’t hurt either.
- Pop Art Pens- This is random I know but I am kinda neurotic about the pens I use (ballpoint, no cap, must click). Theses fit all of my ridiculous requirements and more importantly don’t look boring.
- Vosges Black Salt Carmel bar- My inner fat kid/foodie has a moment with gourmet chocolate. This company is shameless. With combos like dark chocolate & bacon to African red tea & tart cherry I pretty much will face plant into any of their bars. Get some. Now.
- Hello Fresh weekly meal delivery (not pictured)- Once upon a time I lived in dream world when cooking was like watching Rachel Ray, where everything was planned and ready to go in perfect portions in a timely window. And now that day is here. I hate cooking. The whole lot of it. But this company covers all my bases. So basically it is a weekly meal delivery service, you pick your meals out of a pre selected list every week according to the plan you’ve chosen & every Thursday it arrives at your door step in a insulated box divided by recipe. Theres an array of options including vegetarian, family size, amount of meals and even meal preferences. You can even skip weeks and can cancel anytime…..no contract. No bull, the meals are insanely good with healthy and fresh ingredients. Usually the dinners take 30-55 minuets to make and are perfectly portioned for the 2 people plan. The only things you need on hand are olive oil and salt & pepper, I also recommend a dicer/chopper to speed up any onion and garlic cutting action. I have a pretty good referral code for $40.00 off your first week! Enter code MVGGXG at checkout and enjoy!
- R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo- I really have tried every dry shampoo on the market. Between my oily scalp and (previously) fire engine red hair I am rather reliant on these types of products. This one is hyped for a reason. Between the packaging, fragrance, amount in a can, no white residue & how effective it is I can safely say that this is new staple.
- Verb Sea Spray- More often than not I am putting some kind of texturizing product in my stick straight hair. As much as I love the Bumble and Bumble sea sprays I find them to be either too drying or too heavy on my fine-colored hair. I bought this on the fly mainly because of the packaging and I was not disappointed. It’s lighter in formulation and scent, so I can be a bit heavy handed with it and not have dreadlocks.
- Byredo Bal D’Afrique Parfum- Every scent from Byredo is unique and long lasting. I consider this a lighter musk, nothing overly sweet but still feminine enough to pull off.
- Nails Inc Gel Effects in Porchester Square- It is a requirement that I have ride or die nail polish. Being a hairdresser and makeup artist takes a tole on my hands/nails so the gel finish of this polish is something I need. The color is a perfect mix between nude, gray and mauve that is neutral enough for day & night.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer in Love Buzz- This color is almost identical to the Chanel lipgloss in twinkle but without the sticky texture. It has the perfect rose gold hue and has a peppermint scent that wasn’t bothersome.
- L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni Art Wild Stylers Next Day Hair– If you’re familiar with the Oribe dry texture spray and don’t want to pay $50 for it then you might want to give this a try. It is damn near identical with calcium cabronate, a mineral salt that creates texture and polymers to help provide light hold. Use it at the roots to refresh or all over for texture and volume with a matte finish.
My ADD with music had no chill in July 2015. Here is proof.” ]